If you want to change the look of your kitchen, It is always a good idea to consider painting the cabinets. Painting closers can be a big job though And so, If you are not up for that kind of project, Then you might want to consider replacing your kitchen cabinet doors instead. However, This project requires removing your current cabinet doors.
It’s important to know how to take asidekitchen cabinets from the floor properly in order to avoid any damage. Below, We have listed some tips on how you can do this project with ease. How to Remove Kitchen Closet from Floor.
Tips on how to Remove Kitchen Cabinets
from the floor
1. The first step is to take aside all of the cabinet doors from the hinges And set them aside.
2. Next, Take a measurement of the distance between the two cabinets And cut two pieces of plywood that are these measurements.
3. Now, You’ll want to measure out how far in from each side you need to place these two pieces of plywood so that they will fit snugly between your two closets.
4. Measure out on one piece of plywood where you would want it to go, Then use a level to transfer this line onto the other piece of plywood as well.
5. Now it’s time for some drilling! Use an electric drill to drill holes into the 2 pieces of wood at these levels that you just marked with a pencil.
6. Once you have drilled your holes, It’s time to attach the wood slats between the two closets using wood screws or nails at regular intervals along both edges.
Steps to Remove Kitchen Cabinets
Here are some steps that you can follow to remove your kitchen cabinets from the floor.
– Remove any screws from hinges or handlebars on the wardrobe doors. It is important to do this before removing them from the wall because It will make it easier for you to take aside the door itself.
– Place a box or something to put the doors on so you don’t scratch your floors. You can also use a blanket if needed.
– Use a hammer And screwdriver to remove nails or staples holding the door to its frame.
– Once all of these holds are removed, Use a crowbar And screwdriver to take aside nails or staples holding the door hinges in place on the cabinet body.
– Slide scrap wood under each hinge And use two people to lift up on one side of each hinge, Then lower one hinge at a time onto the scrap wood And then repeat with another side of the hinge. This will prevent any damage to your cabinet body caused by too much pressure while lifting off hinges.
Take Apart the Cabinet Frame
In order to remove your current cabinet doors, You’ll need to take apart the wardrobe frame. To do this, Make sure you have a screwdriver And hammer. If you’re taking off doors with hinges, Then start by removing the screws that are holding in the hinges. Make sure you keep track of where all the screws go so they can be reused later. Now take aside the door from the glass-front hinge side.
If there are no hinges, Then start by removing the screws holding in any drawer handles or corner brackets that are attached to the door. Next, Use a pry bar or saw to take aside any nails securing the door to the inside of the closet frame. How to Remove Kitchen Closet from Floor.
What You Need to Remove Your Kitchen Cabinets
Gather all your tools And supplies together. You will need a hammer, a screwdriver, One or two heavy items, And a ladder.
If you are only removing cabinet doors, Then you are going to need to take aside the hinges first. Use the screwdriver to remove them. Now, Place the hinges on top of one of your heavy items. This will help keep them from falling over And getting damaged.
Next, Use your hammer to remove the nails or screws attaching the closets to the floor. Make sure that you have removed all nails from each cabinet before moving them away from where it is attached to the floor.
After you have removed all of the nails or screws holding it in place, Carefully lift up one end of the cabinet. If it doesn’t move easily then try removing another nail at an opposite end (if necessary). Repeat this process for any remaining closets until they are all lifted off of their base And moved out of the way.
Now that you know how to take aside kitchen closets from floors correctly, You can take care of this project in no time!
Removing the Front of your Cabinet
Start by removing the screws holding the hinges on. You can do this by using a Phillips-head screwdriver. Next, Detach the hinges from the cabinet frame And then take aside the cabinet door from its hinges completely before moving it to the side.
Tips for Removing Cabinets
from the floor
– Remove any nails that are securing the base of your cabinet to the floor. This can be done by using a hammer And chisel.
– Use a crowbar or pry bar to take aside the cabinet from the ground. You can also use a piece of wood to wedge it open And then slide it out.
– Lift the cabinet up from one side, Making sure you have someone on the other side guiding it so it doesn’t fall over.
– Remove any screws that are holding in place spacers, Decorative molding, or hinges. Just be careful when removing hinge screws to avoid damaging them.
– Dispose of all nails, screws, And other debris once you have successfully removed kitchen closets from the floor.
The Steps for Removing Cabinets
1. Remove all of the cabinet doors from your kitchen cabinets. Use a screwdriver And take off the hinges of one side of the door.
2. Now, Use a hammer to tap on the edge of the other side of the door that you did not remove hinges from until it pops out. Repeat with all other doors.
3. Put some towels on your floor to protect it from any scratches as you will be dragging these heavy cabinets across it soon enough.
4. Use a pry bar to slowly pull each cabinet off the floor by starting at one corner And easing it up slowly (make sure you have something underneath).
5. The closets are now resting on their sides, So move them to where you want them or until you find an easier way to dispose of them in your trash can outside or something like that!
Dispose of Old Cabinets
Before you start removing your kitchen cabinets, It is important to know what to do with the old ones. The closets need to be disposed of properly so that they don’t end up in the landfill. If you are not sure how to dispose of them, You can contact your local waste management company And they will be able to help you out.
Tips for Removing Cabinet Doors from the Floor
- Start by moving any furniture away from the cabinets.
- Next, Use a flat head screwdriver to take aside the nails that are holding the cabinet doors in place.
- Use a pry bar to get the door off the bottom hinge.
- If you need to remove a door that has handles on it, You will want to make sure that you take out the screws before pulling it off the cabinet.
– Once all of your cabinet doors have been removed, put them aside for now. You can either store them or paint them depending on what you would like to do with them next. Once they have been painted And dried, reinstall them onto your closets following these steps in reverse order.
When it comes to kitchen remodeling it is common to remove the cabinets And replace them with a new design. If you are looking for a guide on how to take aside kitchen cabinets, This article is for you.
However, Removing closets can be a tricky process And care should be taken when removing the cabinets from the floor. You will need to take apart the cabinet frame, Remove the front of your cabinet And then use a few tools to safely get the cabinet doors from the floor.
The front of your cabinet will most likely be attached to a wall And it will require some disassembly before you can move it away from the wall. Once this is done you will need to take aside the doors from the floor And then dispose of old cabinets.